What is a Thank you page?
The Thank you page, also known as the order status page, is shown to your customers after they complete an order. Here is a screenshot of what the default thank you page looks like in Shopify.
Why should we care about the Thank you page?
The Thank you page is the drop off in your customer’s order journey. Even though it’s primarily used just to confirm that you’ve received their order, it can be used for so much more!
What can I do with the Thank you page?
When properly optimised, this page can lead to unique custom experiences that’s personalised and truly reflective of your brand.
The customisations are limited only by your imagination but here are some common ways that guarantee a better experience.
- Show product recommendations that’s based on what they’ve just bought.
- Offer them a discount code that’s valid only for the next 30 minutes.
- Share an existing discount code based on their order total.
- Show FAQs to first time buyers.
- Ask them feedback on their checkout experience.
- Ask for their birthday and automatically send them a discount code on their birthday.
As you can see the customisation are not limited or solely focused on selling, they cover a variety of customer experiences.
I already have an upsell/cross sell app, why should I care?
This is a great question and one that we get a lot. There are some very unique aspects of the thank you page that really makes it a no brainier to use. For example:
- Your customers are the most ecstatic on this stage. They have already committed to your brand. Placing another order is a “might as well” for them.
- Pre-purchase upsell offers are based on what your customers are checking/browsing . It may or may not be something they can afford. Thank you page offers on the other hand are based on exactly what they can spend.
- Lastly, even if you have a killer upsell app that you are really happy with, you can continue to use it with BYG Thank you page offers. BYG is more than just upsell offers and can be used for so much more.
If you’re with us so far and interested in taking your Thank you page to next level, let’s what it takes to create killer Thank you pages.